Sunday, January 9, 2011

Clam Chowder

Clam Chowder
Being from the west coast I was brought up on clam chowder, and the best place to get it was a string of restaurants called Mo's. This is as close as I can get to theirs, enjoy.

Yield: 6 servings
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour

Ingredients
1/2 pound Bacon diced
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 cups Flour
3 can Minced Clams (6 oz. each)
6 cups Diced Potatoes
3 cups Milk
1 dash Salt, pepper, paprika, butter

Procedure
1. Saute bacon until brown; drain off fat.
2. Add onion and saute until clear.
3. Add potatoes and juice from clams, cook about 15 minutes until potatoes are soft.
4. Stir in flour.
5. Add clams, milk and seasonings. heat through (do not boil)
6. Serve with a pat of butter.

2 comments:

Coady said...

Yum! I'll have to try this - clam chowder is one of the only soups I enjoy!

Coady said...

P.S. I really like that picture.