Monday, June 6, 2011

Potato Salad

My daughter was telling me that all the kids in her english class were talking about my potato salad, which is nice to hear because it is so easy to make. it does take some time to let the potatoes cool
Sorry for the photo I had to grab a quick one while some was left.
Ingredients
8-10 potatoes
1/2 lb bacon
mayonnaise
sour cream
chives or green onion (I used about 1/4 cup)

Boil potatoes in their skins until tender, drain, let cool in the pot with the lid on (over night is best)
peel the potatoes by scraping with a knife, and cube into about 1/2 inch cubes put into a large bowl.
cook bacon and break into bits (I usually cut mine first it makes it easier to get it all the same size).
Add the bacon and 2-3 tbsp of the fat to the potatoes.
Add equal amounts of Mayonnaise and sour cream to coat the potatoes well.
Add the chives and mix.
let sit in the fridge until well cooled, and serve

No comments: