Friday, November 26, 2010

Poached Egg Fail


(Also: Picture Focus Fail - seriously, I think maybe one leaf in the background there is in focus.)

How exactly do you poach an egg? My attempt wasn't terrible, but I lost most of the egg white in the pot and it never really came together. Any suggestions to improve a repeat performance?

On a happier note, here is a recipe for a delicious salad dressing! Boring, yes, but I have been eating mostly leftovers and freezer food for the past week or so.

French Vinaigrette

1 1/2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 very small clove garlic or small shallot, minced
1 egg yolk, at room temperature (I always omit this)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup good olive oil

Whisk everything together.

Quite to the point, isn't it?

1 comment:

Tannis said...

I find putting a bit of vinegar in the water helps keep the egg together.