Monday, August 16, 2010

Rib Rub and Ribs

I had a mess of people coming over, but did not know who was staying for dinner so I made a mess of ribs.

RUB makes about 1 cup + -

2 1/2 tablespoons Smoked paprika
2 tablespoons Salt
2 table spoons Granulated Garlic
3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 tablespoon Ground Pepper
1 tablespoon Onion Powder
2 teaspoons Chipotle powder
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 teaspoon Dries Thyme

Mix all ingredients together and store in a glass container.


When ready to use rub a generous amount onto the ribs.


Place the ribs in the smoker and smoke 6 hours.











Remove from the smoker and place in a casserole dish with about 1/2 inch of apple juice cover tightly with foil and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. you can stop here until ready to continue later or the next day

Brush with sauce place back on the smoker at 275 for about 1 hour.

I cant give you the recipe for the sauce because I mixed two different ones I had made earlier into one but it turned out well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

These were soooooo good... I'm sad that I was too tired to eat more!!! :)